All India Joint Entrance Examination 2011, JEE-2011, Institutes of Hotel Management, IHMs
Joint Entrance Examination 2011, JEE-2011
Admission to 3 - Year B.Sc. Hospitality and Hotel Administration Program at Institutes of Hotel Management (IHMs) Affiliated with National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology Set up by Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India. New Delhi - 110012
Date and Time of Written Test: - The All India Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) will be held on 16th April, 2011 (3rd Saturday) from 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. Candidates should report at examination venue 30 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
Minimum Qualification: - Minimum qualification for admission is a pass in the examination of 10+2 system of Senior Secondary education or its equivalent with English as one of the compulsory subject. Those appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination can also appear in JEE 2011 on provisional basis. Provisional admissions will stand cancelled if proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or its equivalent) is not submitted at the time of counselling or at the time of admission. Admissions will be subject to verification of facts from the original certificates/ documents to be produced by the candidates at the time of Counselling and at the time of admission in Institute. Even after admission to an Institute, if an applicant is at a later date found ineligible on account of having submitted false information or testimonials or for having suppressed any material information, his/her admission will be cancelled and the fee paid will also be forfeited. Decision of National Council in this regard shall be final.
List of approved qualifying examinations for Indian Students
· Plus two level examination in the 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education of any recognized Central/ State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination or State Boards of Secondary Education.
· Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
· General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/ Cambridge/ Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
· High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
· Any Public School/ Board/ University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education.
· H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
· Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects including English as one of the Subjects.
Age Limit: - For candidates from General and OBC categories upper age limit is 22 years as on 1.7. 2011, only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after July 01, 1989 are eligible. In the case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates upper age limit is 25 years as on 1.7.2011, only those SC / ST candidates whose date of birth falls on or after July 01, 1986 will be eligible. Upper age limit for Physically Challenged candidates shall be reckoned as per the category he/she belongs to since Physically Challenged category candidates may belong to General/SC/ST/OBC category. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/ Pre-University Certificate is the only authentic proof that will be accepted. At the time of Counselling, this certificate must be produced in original as a proof of age, failing which the candidate will not be considered for counselling/admissions.
Reservation for Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe and OBC Candidates:- 15%, 7.5% and 27 % seats will be reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and OBC categories (Central list), respectively. Seats remaining vacant if any in SC & ST categories shall not be filled by candidates belonging to any other categories whereas seats remaining vacant under OBC may be filled up from General Category during second round of Counselling.
Last date of receipt of Application Form for JEE-2011 has been extended to: 10th March 2011
Written Test JEE-examination to be held on: 16th April, 2011. (10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
Result of JEE on web site: 2nd week of May, 2011
Mock Counselling: Last week of May 2011
On Campus On-line Counselling: 2nd week of June 2011
Commencement of Academic Session: 15th July, 2011
For details visit: www.nchmct.org