Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies
Bachelor of Financial and Investment Analysis (BFIA)
B.A. (Honours) Business Economics (BBE)
Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)
1. The candidate should have passed or have appeared in March/April 2010 in Senior Secondary School Examination of CBSE or any other examination considered equivalent by the University of Delhi. The candidate should secure an aggregate of at least 60% marks in his/her XII class examination (55% for SC, ST, CW and PC categories) in best of four papers including English and Mathematics. The other two papers are to be selected from the following list: Accountancy, Biology, Biotechnology, Business Studies, Chemistry, Commerce, Computer Science, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Geography, History, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology and Sociology.
2. The candidate should have obtained pass mark in each of the four papers considered for computing the aggregate in the above mentioned subjects.
3. The candidate must submit the Class 12 marks on the form provided online, latest by 14 June 2010.
4. The candidate must produce the confirmed result and mark sheet of the qualifying examination on the day of the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) to be eligible for the process of admission to the BBS and BFIA courses. Candidates who do not have the confirmed mark sheet will not be entertained under any circumstances.
5. In the case of a student seeking admission to the B.A. (Honours) Business Economics course the confirmed result and mark sheet of the qualifying examination must be produced on the day of the counseling.
6. The reserved category certificates of OBC (of Central List & non creamy layer), SC, ST, PC, and CW, as applicable, in the name of the candidate, must be produced: On the day of the interview and group discussion (for BBS and BFIA) On the day of counseling (for B.A.(Hons.) Business Economics)
7. Compartment cases of current year will not be considered for admission.
8. Candidates who have appeared in the class XII examination in 2010 and who repeat a paper for improvement to gain eligibility shall not be considered for admission in the current year.
9. Foreign nationals seeking admission to BBS, BFIA and B.A.(Hons) Business Economics course(s) against the prescribed quota of seats earmarked for them, shall have to apply through the Foreign Students Advisor, C/o Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, Delhi - 110 007 and are exempted from the written examination, Group Discussion and Interview.
10. Those foreign students who have acquired their minimum qualification for admission from any Indian Board, in India have to apply directly as General category candidate. They have to appear for the entrance test like general category candidates and follow the same selection process as applicable to general category and in addition fill up the foreign student application form of FSR office (downloadable from: http://www.du.ac.in/forms/foreignstudents1.pdf). All admission of foreign students is channeled through the Foreign Students Registry (FSR) office of University of Delhi.
F Written Joint Entrance Test
Applicants shall be called for an objective type multiple choice test, which shall be held at Delhi, Chandigarh, Kolkata and Lucknow.
The written examination is designed to test the aptitude of the candidates to pursue the BBS/BFIA/B.A. (Hons.) Business Economics courses. There is no prescribed syllabus or format for the entrance examination. The following areas have been usually included in the entrance examination in the past.
F Quantitative Ability (Based on Mathematics up to class XII or its equivalent)
F Reasoning and Analytical Ability
F General English
F Business and General Awareness
The candidate will be required to attempt 120 questions in 120 minutes.
Each correct answer will get a score of plus 3 marks, each wrong answer will get a score of minus 1 mark and question not answered will get a score of 0 marks. Marking of multiple answers for one question shall be treated as wrong answer.
The test shall be of two hour duration, extra time will be given to the candidate for filling up details on test booklet and answer sheet, marking attendance, verification of candidates’ documents, distribution, and collection of test material etc.]
The scheme of examination may be changed on the recommendation of the admission committee.
Group discussion and Interview for BBS/BFIA programs:
Based on the performance in the written test candidates approximately four to six times the number of seats for the relevant categories for each program i.e. BBS and BFIA shall be called for group discussion and interview.
Application fee of Rs. 600 for one course and Rs. 200/- more for each additional course. (Fee amount is half of the above for SC, ST and CW)
REQUIREMENTS AT THE TIME OF FINAL ADMISSION
Candidates are required to deposit the following to the respective College office when they take admission to the BBS / BFIA program:
F Fees payable in cash.
F Two passport size photographs
F Character Certificate by the head of the institution last attended.
F All original certificates –
1. Class X Certificate as evidence of Date of Birth
2. Marks Statement of Class XII
3. Category Certificate (for Reserved Categories) along with one attested photocopy of each of the above documents.
Withdrawal of the original certificates before September 30, 2010 is not allowed.
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies
University of Delhi
Vivek Vihar, Jhilmil Colony
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies (CBS) is a premier institution of the University of Delhi, imparting education in the fields of management and information technology with excellence and vision. Founded in 1987 by the Delhi Administration on the initiation of UGC and the Ministry of Human Resources , Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, or CBS, as it is better known in corporate circles, was the first undergraduate management school under the aegis of the University of Delhi(DU).
Tags: Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies BBE BFIA BBS Admission 2011 notification 2011 notice application form download forms dates eligibility selection process procedure admission dates admission form download