Mesra, Ranchi- 835215
Admission Notification for Full-Time MBA 2011
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to the 2-year (4-semester) full-time MBA programme 2011 at Mesra, and our Extension Centres at Jaipur, Kolkata, Lalpur and Noida.
Please see the links on the website for details of our Extension Centres.
Please click on the links below for the detailed notification, and for separate pages with details of how to apply, minimum eligibility criteria, counselling & selection procedures, fee structure, etc, or to download the MBA 2011 Information Brochure as a pdf document.
Admission to MBA 2011 - an Introduction and How to Apply
The MBA 2011 Information Brochure covers admissions to the 2-year (4-semester) full-time MBA 2011 programme offered at the Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, and our Extension Centres at Jaipur, Kolkata, Lalpur and Noida. The programme will commence in July 2011.
The provisional selections will be based on:
• The total percentile obtained by a candidate in CAT 2010, provided he/she also attains a certain minimum verbal percentile in CAT 2010. Please see our separate advertisement / web notification for the same.
• The Institute will not use group discussions or personal interviews in the selection process
• However, candidates must meet the minimum academic requirements (see minimum eligibility criteria - Sec 4)
How to Apply: (Please see Instructions also for details)
1. To apply for the programme, eligible candidates must complete and submit the online application form on our website and send a printout of the completed form along with two recent colour photographs (one pasted on the form and one attached by clip to the form), photocopies of all marksheets and certificates (see List of Enclosures), and a crossed Demand Draft for Rs. 1,600/- in favour of Birla Institute of Technology, payable at Ranchi, in a stout A4 size envelope by Speedpost / Registered Post / reliable courier to the office of Dean Admissions, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi – 835215 positively by the due date. Write “Application for MBA 2011 on top of the envelope”.
2. You can use the Online Application Form to apply for the MBA programme of the Institute at any 1 or any 2 or any 3 or any 4 or all 5 choices of Place for Study (Centre), by clicking the appropriate check box against the names of the Centres. However, you must select ALL your choices before you submit the form online and print the same, so that all your choices will be saved in the database. Please do not make any corrections or add any Choices of Centre by hand on the printout of the form, as these will not be saved to the database. However, you may enter the DD details by hand on the printout, if the same have not been entered online.
3. Please do not print a blank form and fill it by hand as this will not be accepted.
4. Incomplete applications or applications received without all required enclosures are liable to be rejected / may not be processed.
5. Applications reaching us after the due date are liable to be rejected / may not be processed.
6. Candidates should keep photocopies of their completed forms for their own reference
7. Although the Institute will use scores in CAT- 2010 to shortlist candidates for its two-year full time Post-Graduate Programme in Management, the IIM’s have no role in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme
For details visit:
About BIT Mesra
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra (popularly known as BIT Mesra) is an autonomous engineering and technology oriented institute of higher education located in Ranchi, Jharkhand, India. It is a Deemed University under section 3 of the Universtiy Grants Commission Act, 1956.
In addition to Mesra (Ranchi), BIT has extension centres in Lalpur (Ranchi), Allahabad, Kolkata, Noida, Jaipur, Chennai, Patna and Deoghar, and overseas extension centres in Bahrain, Muscat (Oman), Ras al-Khaimah (UAE) and Mauritius.
The Birla Institute of Technology was established in 1955 at Mesra, Ranchi, by the philanthropist and industrialist B. M. Birla. The institute was affiliated to Patna University until 1960 and then to Ranchi University. BIT was declared a deemed university in 1986 under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 under notification No. F. 9-2/83-U.3 of August 28, 1986.
Tags: Birla Institute of Technology BIT Mesra MBA Admission 2011 notification 2011 application forms online application form BIT Mesra MBA online application form submission BIT Mesra MBA course BIT Mesra MBA entrance exam 2011 BIT Mesra MBA entrance examination pattern scheme of exam BIT Mesra MBA entrance test 2011 dates forms BIT Mesra MBA syllabus download prospectus information brochure download result admit card