Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB)
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Candidates who satisfy the following criteria only need apply:
1. Should have a M.Sc. degree in any area of biological/physical/chemical Sciences including mathematics and qualified in the CSIR-UGC (NET) examination for Junior Research Fellowship. The Fellowship Certificate should be valid as on the date of joining. (Candidates qualified only for Lecturership in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination need not apply).
2. Candidates qualified in ICMR-JRF (under Life Sciences) or DBT-JRF examination may apply. Admission will be subject to their qualifying in the CCMB written test/interview and award of the Fellowship.
3. Engineering (B.E. & B.Tech.) or B.Pharm graduates with Biotechnology as a subject of study and have qualified in GATE/GPAT examination with a minimum of 85 percentile may apply for award of Research Fellowship subject to their qualifying in the written test/interview and award of fellowship by CSIR. The GATE certificate should be valid as on the date of joining.
4. Students with non-life sciences background (having a master’s degree in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics/ Chemistry and B.Tech in Computer Sciences or other Engineering disciplines) may also apply, if they have a strong motivation to carry out interdisciplinary research in Life Sciences.
5. Students with an MBBS degree may also apply. Selected candidates should also qualify/obtain the Senior Research Fellowship conducted by the Human Resource Development Group, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, New Delhi, to pursue PhD in CCMB.
6. Upper age limit is 28 years as on 28.04.2011 which is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ ST/ OBC/ Women / Physically Handicapped candidates.
How To Apply:
Applications: Candidates who satisfy the above criteria may submit their typed applications on plain paper with the following details:
(Please superscribe “Application for the Ph.D. programme” on the application form as well as on the envelope) 1) Full name of the candidate (in BLOCK LETTERS); 2) Correspondence and Permanent address with Telephone number and email address; 3) Date of birth and age in years; 4) Nationality; 5) State whether belongs to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped/General (in case of SC/ST/OBC/PH, please enclose attested copy of the certificate); 6) Date and year of passing CSIR-UGC (NET) examination with Roll No., CSIR/UGC Scheme and subject; validity period and whether the fellowship is activated and if so, please furnish the particulars; 7) Date and year of passing GATE/ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF examination with Regn. No., percentile and subject; validity period; 8) Educational qualifications commencing from 10th class, Intermediate, B.Sc/B.V.Sc. and M.Sc/M.V.Sc/BE/B.Tech. with name of the University, year of passing, Class/Division, percentage of marks, subjects (underline the main), etc.
The filled in applications affixed with a signed recent passport size photograph and attested copies of certificates of date of birth, educational qualifications, etc. should reach the Controller of Administration, Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Habsiguda, Hyderabad 500 007, Andhra Pradesh,
Written Test and Interview: All the applications will be screened and candidates found suitable will be called for written test on 15.6.2011 at CCMB, Hyderabad. Candidates qualified in the written test will have to appear for interview on 16-6-2011 and 17-6-2011. Candidates selected in the interview will have to stay for discussions on 18.6.2011 with Scientists at CCMB regarding allotment of projects for the Ph.D. programme. Traveling Allowance is not payable by CCMB and candidates have to make their own arrangements for stay, etc. at Hyderabad. Candidates who have qualified in CSIR-UGC NET Fellowship or ICMR-JRF or DBT-JRF or any other equivalent fellowship can also walk in on the day of the written test (15th June, 2011) at 7.30 AM in CCMB along with proof of their qualification for the respective fellowship.
Mere fulfilment of the minimum requirements stipulated in the notification would not automatically entitle a person for selection. The decision of the Centre in this regard shall be final. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB)
(Council of Scientific & Industrial Research)
Habsiguda, Uppal Road
Phone-No: +91 40 27160222-31
The Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology or CCMB is one of the constituent national laboratories of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research CSIR, the premier multidisciplinary Research & Development organisation of the Government of India. It was set up as a semi-autonomous Centre in 1977 in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, became a full-fledged national laboratory during 1981-82, and was dedicated to the nation on 26 November, 1987 by the then Prime Minister of India, Rajiv Gandhi.
Tags: CCMB PhD Admission Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology written test written exam written examination interview date forms application form download eligibility criteria selection process procedure CCMB PhD Admission 2011 notice CCMB PhD course prospectus syllabus download Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology csir Council of Scientific & Industrial Research