Himachal Pradesh Forest Service (HPFS) Exam Scheme Syllabus
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:
RULES RELATING TO THE SUBJECTS AND STANDARDS OF THE COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR THE POST OF H.P. FOREST SERVICE(ACF), CLASS-I (GAZETTED)
1. The candidates who qualify the Written Examination will be called for physical Standard Test, and the candidates, five times of the number of vacancies will be declared successful in the written examination.
2. The written examination shall include three compulsory and two optional papers.
3. A candidate shall specify in his/her application form the optional subjects he/she desire to take, but may intimate any change of intention to the Secretary H.P. Public Service Commission not later than the last date for the receipt of application.
4. A Candidate shall answer the Optional papers in English or Hindi only which is at his/her option choice.
5. No candidate shall be considered to have qualified the written examination unless he/she obtains at least 40% marks in each compulsory papers and 45% marks in aggregate.
6. Provided that in case there is a tie between or amongst the candidates on account of having obtained equal minimum qualifying marks in the written examination all such candidates shall be called for the viva-voce test.
7. The names of the candidates who are called for viva-voce test shall be arranged in order of merit on the basis of the aggregate marks obtained in the written examination.
8. The ranking will be decided on the basis of the marks obtained in all compulsory and optional papers excluding marks of English and Hindi papers though it would be necessary to obtain 40% marks in each optional paper to qualify.
9. The final ranking shall be determined on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the main examination as well as interview.
10. In the event of a tie, order of merit shall be determined in accordance with the highest marks secured by a candidate in viva-voce and in case the marks in the viva-voce of the candidates tie, then the order of merit shall be decided in accordance with the highest marks obtained by such candidates in the aggregate of compulsory subjects.
11. If a candidate’s hand writing is not legible, a deduction which may be considerable shall be made on this account from the marks otherwise accruing to him/her.
12. Credit will be given for good English/ Hindi including orderly, effective and exact expression combined with the economy of words in all subjects of the examination and not only in subjects which are especially devoted to English/ Hindi.
13. All papers shall be of three hours duration
|2.||General English|| 100|
|4.||Optional Paper – I||200|
Agriculture, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Application/Science, Agriculture Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering. Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Science, Forestry, Geology, Horticulture, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics Veterinary Science & Zoology .
Candidates are required to offer two of the above subjects. Total number of questions in the question papers of optional papers will be eight. All questions will carry equal marks. Each paper will be divided into two parts viz Part-I and Part-II and each part shall contain four questions. Out of eight questions five questions are to be attempted. One question from each part will be compulsory. The candidates will be required to answer three other questions out of the remaining six questions , taking atleast one question from each part. In this way atleast two questions will be attempted from each part i.e. one compulsory question plus one more.
Note-I:- The standard of examination in these subjects will be that of a Bachelor’s degree.
Note-II:- No candidate shall be allowed to take more than one subject from the following:-
i) Agriculture, Agriculture Engineering and Veterinary Science
ii) Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
iii) Computer Application/Science & Computer Engineering.
iv) Electrical Engineering and Electronic Engineering.
v) Mathematics and Statistics.
Interview and Selection:
The candidates who will qualify written examination will be called for physical standard test, and the candidates, five times will be declared successful in the written examination on merit basis. The total number of candidates called for interview will be three time of total vacancis. The candidates will be interviewed by the Commission who will have before them a record of their career. The object of theinterview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for the post of H.P. Forest Service (ACF). The test is intended to judge mental caliber of the candidate. In broad terms, this is really an assessment not only of candidate’s intellectual qualities but also his social traits and interest in current affairs. Some of the qualities to be adjudged are mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, care and logical exposition, balance of judgment, Variety & depth of interests, ability for social cohesion & leadership, intellectual and moral integrity.
Himachal Pradesh is a state in Northern India. It is spread over 21,495 sq mi (55,673 km²), and is bordered by the Indian states of Jammu and Kashmir on the north, Punjab on the west and south-west, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh on the south, Uttarakhand on the south-east and by the Tibet Autonomous Region on the east. The literal meaning of Himachal Pradesh is Region of snowy mountains.
Himachal Pradesh was anciently known as Dev Bhumi and is abundance in natural beauty After the Anglo Gorkha War, the British colonial government came into power. It was initially part of Punjab, except the Siba State of Punjab Hills which was under the rule of Maharaja Ranjit Singh until 1857. In 1950 Himachal was declared as a union territory but after the State of Himachal Pradesh Act 1971, Himachal emerged as the 18th state of the Indian Union. Himachal has many prestigious boarding schools. Hima means snow in Sanskrit. It was named by one of the great Sanskrit scholars of Himachal Pradesh, Acharya Diwakar Datt Sharma.
Tags: Himachal Pradesh Forest Service (HPFS) Exam Scheme HPFS Syllabus download HPFS exam pattern HPFS scheme of examination Himachal Pradesh Forest Service exam Himachal Pradesh Forest Service examination 2011 notification 2011 notice application form download eligibility criteria selection procedure process